Google
 
Web A Recipe A Day

« Home | Fruit Custard » | Mozzarella Bread Patties » | ARAD firstcut » | Paper Chicken... » | Chicken Mayo Cutlets » | New Website » | Ginger Chicken... » | Chicken Chow Mein... » | Jahangiri Chicken... » | Nice Matters Award... » 

Thursday, August 21, 2008 

Jameela Chicken...



I know the name sounds a bit different, it is because one of my cousin, obviously named Jameela, makes this chicken quite often hence the name.

Ingredients:
For marination
* Chicken 8-10 pieces
* Ginger-Garlic paste 2 tbsp
* Juice of 1 Lemon
* Red chilli powder 1 tsp
* Dhaniya powder 2 tsp
* Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
* Egg 1 medium
* Salt

For frying
* Oil
* Curry leaves
* Mustard seeds 1 tsp
* Green chillies 2

Procedure:
Marinate chicken in the above ingredients for 1-2 hours.
Deep fry the marinated chicken and drain oil completely and place them in a plate/pan.
In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add mustard seed, chopped green chillies and curry leaves.
Pour this tarka over the fried chicken and serve at once.

thy look delicious,..

Never heard this before. Looks yummy. First time here in your blog. You have a nice blog. Custard looks drooling

Looks scrumptious as usual! Interesting to put tarka on fried chicken, cool!

This came out real nice....instead of deep frying, I decided to bake the chicken for about 30 mins at 400F. It was delish...truly bhatyara-style! Thanks for sharing such an easy and delicious recipe.

many thanks all for your wonderful comments....

Nis, its a good idea to bake it, will try it over the weekend :-)

This definitely looks like something I'd want to make quite a bit too :). I would love to feature it in our pre-loaded Demy, the first and only digital recipe reader. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you're interested. To find out more about the Demy, you can visit this site:
http://mydemy.com/

Thanks!

looks and reads yummy all over...
...hey do u know some recipes with duck....post it sometime!

trying to roast duck tonite....
lets see how tat works..
-vishes

thanks vishes, i will try and post something with duck soon...

i m going to make your Jeemala Ckciken tonite....
meanwhile just wanted to share...something i made...
this is Jamaican Jerk chicken...its very spicy...n hot
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1960422&l=01bff&id=655511583

and some Lamp Moussaka
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1855994&l=f1405&id=655511583


regards..
vishes

Hi , I want to subscribe to get your recipes. so, please help me. Thank you.

Thats so cute that you name the chicken recipe after your cousin! I burst out laughing, I have a few recipes that I named after my cousins and aunts!

thanks Vishes will try your recipe soon and let you know.. :-)

Punitha, I will let you know once I finish working on my recipe website... which was suppose to go live last year :-D


Thanks Anonymous... I have all these wierd names for recipes but when putiing online, I try to name them as good as poss :-D

Can anyone tell me if I bake the chicken instead of frying, should I still need to add egg in marinating?

Post a Comment

Links

  • maKhsuus
  • Pound Hill Blog
  • My Digital World
  • Analytix Solutions
  • Categories



    Recent posts

    Previous posts

    Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates